About the Writer:
As a gamer I’ve been playing games from way back. For my 8th (ice skating rink) birthday party, my parents changed the dynamics of our home by giving me a Nintendo. Super Mario Bros was a favorite. I played The Legend of Zelda, The Little Mermaid, some paint game, Knock-Out, and various others. I was a gamer in the making. I had friends who played EverQuest when it was first introduced in 1999. I never played. I had heard the news reports of people losing their jobs and spouses over the game. The obsession was so great that on a major scale, EQ changed gaming.
I started playing EQ somewhere around 2004/2005, and had a lot of fun. I made a lot of friends in game and found myself raiding in a pretty prestigious guild, Five Rings. The first time I tried WoW was in the middle of my EQ career and it didn’t seem right to me. Eventually, I left EQ and MMO’s in general. I picked up WoW again roughly a year later. This time it stuck, and I’ve been playing ever since, vowing that serious raiding wasn’t in the cards for me… never again.
The times, they have changed, and
I’m still playing WoW, taking my favorite character Hestiah from Area 52-US-Alliance to Eldre’Thalas-US-Alliance to join my old friends in Apotheosis. I raided for a decent portion of the expansion (up until the beginning of Dragonsoul), but still took my leave of end-game raiding in favor of playing for fun. With the recent announcement of Kurn’s departure, I spent quite some time looking for a new WoW-home; A place I would feel comfortable around it’s members. Currently Hestiah is in Conquest Undying Resolution on Lightbringer in a guild I created with some friends From Behind. So the times, they have changed. Nearly a year has passed, and I’ve decided that I no longer wish to play WoW. I gave it up and now find myself playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. I played SWTOR for a little while, but I found myself back at WoW when they allowed you to do raids and LFR cross-server. Giving me the chance to raid with people I had known and grown to love on Twitter.
The WoW Toons
(90) Hestiah <From Behind> (Night Elf Druid) – Lightbringer-US-Alliance
(90) Chiyemi <From Behind> (Pandaren Shaman) – Lightbringer-US-Alliance
(86) Kahlipso <Good At This Game> (Dwarf Mage) – Lightbringer-US-Alliance
(80) Moirai (Draenei Shaman) – Elune-US-Alliance
(85) Hestiette (Baby!Hestiah) <Avengers of Azeroth> (Night Elf Druid) – Ursin-US-Alliance
(85) Tethyss <Avengers of Azeroth> (Gnome Priest) – Ursin-US-Alliance
(85) Perssephonie <Apotheosis> (Draenei Hunter) – Eldre’thalas-US-Alliance
(85) Calliopee <Apotheosis> (Human Paladin) – Eldre’Thalas-US-Alliance
(85) Mylinn <Horderlies> (Blood Elf Warlock) – Deathwing-US-Horde
(80) Deianiera <Horderlies> (Blood Elf Death Knight) – Deathwing-US-Horde
I had asked DiscoPriest awhile ago for a commissioned twitter icon. It just so happened that she made an amazing twitter icon that matched the new blog design! So when I asked if I could use the Hestiah icon in the header, and she said yes, I was very excited! And happy. So there you have it! So, feel free to throw money at her for art!